Monday, January 3, 2011

How an owl rocked my "world"...


My partner Jan and I are both Reiki Practitioners. Which is great for us as we can give each other treatments. Plus I have the added bonus that Jan is a Remedial Massage Therapist. Any aches or pains I have can be taken away with massage or reiki. I digress sorry. J

Today Jan asked me if I would like a reiki treatment. You can guess what my answer was?! Soon I am on her massage table and the treatment has begun. I use this time to either meditate or do some shamanic journeying. Today I choose to journey. I had an intention. I will not yet mention that here.

I used a new entrance to the underworld I had spotted in a tree near where I live. After doing some breathing to relax, let alone what the reiki was doing to me, off I went to this entrance to the underworld. I called out for my animal spirit guide and explained what I wanted to see. Off we went together. My animal spirit guide is a huge white owl. We flew up to the middle world and back in time. I was soaring through the air holding onto one of his wing tips. I saw what I needed to see and then I asked my owl to take me back to the entrance to the underworld. He said he had something else to show me. This was to rock me when we got back to my reality a bit later.

We arrived at a giant tree. We climbed the tree through its many branches up into darkness. We were headed for the Upper World. After awhile the darkness was gone and I was standing in a place that was all white. There to meet me were my grandparents. All four of them have been dead for some time. They came towards me and wrapped their arms around me in a big group hug. They all looked the same as they did last time I saw them alive when I was a boy. Each of them told me they were very proud of me. They were very proud of where I am going spiritually. I felt so much love coming from them.

All too soon I was back at the entrance to the underworld with my owl. He enveloped me with his white wings and drew me to him in a big hug. He told me that he loved me too. Not the first time he has done this either. Saying goodbye I climbed back up to the hole in my tree.

The reiki treatment was over. Next door had been doing hammering in the backyard. I do not recall hearing them while I was on my journey. I sat up and thanked Jan for the treatment and then it all rushed back to me. I had just been with my grandparents. As I started to tell Jan about who I saw I broke down and started to cry. I was crying with joy. It is hard to find the words even now to describe the feelings of seeing my dear departed grandparents. Hard to explain how it feels to know they are so proud of me. Even as I write this I can feel my emotions welling up inside me. I miss my grandparents in this reality. Now I know that I can see them again. That makes my heart sing with sheer joy.

My owl sure did pull off one great surprise for me today. He sure did rock my world today. What will he has install for me next time we meet up??? I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment